Sunday, August 12, 2012

Friends Forever

I have the evergreen memories of the following lines
"Friends are not to be measured ...Friends are to be treasured"
There were/are lots and lots of wishes floating around the social networks for "Friendship Day"

I had / have lot of friends but, it is just getting a little different and difficult these days. I don't even remember when was the last time I  met a friend for a quick cup of coffee and a chat. It is not that I don't get time for a coffee, it is just that I don't attempt to meet a friend. 

This [2011 - 12] is my second tenure in the United States. My first stay was in 2001 - 03 time frame. Those were the golden moments. I lived and worked in a place with all my friends. I had wonderful friends as roommates and colleagues. Yes, we did have lot of misunderstanding and conflict of interests ... but it was still a great experience to cherish.

Sometimes when I don't feel good and think about the memories forever, I realize how the gap between me and my friends keeps growing - like a domino effect. First, there were very few mails or phone calls to exchange. Later, this leads to a guilt feeling that I did not call him / her for so long, why now? Then it becomes a huge gap that we forget each other, at least I think so! Recently, one of my friend surprised me by asking which branch I studied in engineering ... it was not just his fault.

I love my friends and miss them in the real world [connected virtually though, thanks to the social networks]

forever,
bright [a lost friend]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home