Saturday, January 17, 2015

Which side are you in?

There is a common saying that the other side of the pasture is always green. It is very interesting to see how the two different generations are developing a perception on a common event - WORK.

I was exchanging a conversation with my friend. My kids were at home for winter holidays and they were watching me working on my office laptop. My elder son was telling to my younger one that he wish to grow fast and get to work. My younger one asked the reason, why? So, my elder son responds that if he goes to work, 
  • he can use the laptop whenever he wants to use and nobody will ask him to shut it down after 30 minutes. 
  • there will be no homework and it will be very cool. 
  • even if there is any work to be done, it will require the use of a laptop and it will be all fun stuff.
  • he, instead had to do all his work using pencil and paper [not so cool stuff].

Coincidently, at the same time, I was sharing an information that the kids are at home and i could not take them out as I had to work all the days except the christmas day and my friend responded:
  • wish we were still the kids.
  • we will have lot of holidays.
  • we don't have to break out heads on some solution issue.
  • we don't have to spend our entire awake time in front of the laptop.

Ha..ha..! what a big joke? life throws the same level of challenge to everyone, to the extend one can handle. It is our own self that complicates stuff by looking at the same situation from different levels - we assume that the other side of the pasture is always green. if we play in a level field, everyone will have a chance to play a fair game.

Just to thought and felt it is worth sharing.


-bright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home