Friday, May 16, 2014

A day in Chennai - Movie

Last few days, I had been watching one movie per day. It was just a coincidence that I started with Babel - the 3rd movie in the "death trilogy". The movie portrays the life of multiple characters and how they are all linked together in a single incident. The movie is anchored in this single incident and narrates the struggle between life and death bringing out hope. There must be a reason for living and that is called HOPE.

It is a non-linear story covering the past, present and future of multiple characters interlinked with each other and hence should be watched with full attention. Though it was not a regular movie that I would enjoy watching, this non linear concept interested me to search for the other movies in this trilogy. I managed to watch 21 grams and Amores perros. Yes, these movies definitely made me feel very uncomfortable. But, it was a different experience. 

Today, I ended this movie watching spree with a Tamil movie "Chennaiyil Oru Naal" [A day in Chennai]. It was THE BEST MOVIE I had ever seen in the recent days. It just made me sit glued to the chair and watch the movie without losing any attention. Hats off to the entire team that worked in this B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L movie. 

I don't understand the characteristics of a world class movie or which movie should be rated high and which movie should not be and I don't care. The movie offered me a thrilling ride and end of the ride, I felt satisfied [and not feel like puking]. That is what makes this movie very interesting and best in class for me. 

Chennaiyil Oru Naal - Marakka Mudiyatha Oru Nalla Anubavam.

-bright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home