Monday, June 09, 2014

Kids at play - life lesson

It is always nice to watch kids at play. Their energy level, their continuous attempt till they get the result that they wanted to achieve ... it is all fun.

One of my best moments is to watch my kids play with their play-dohs or legos. Everytime, they get bored in their current role,in a snap of the finger, they will switch their role as a chef, engineer, scientist and will also turn their toys accordingly to meet their requirement. 

It is the same play-doh that they will mould into a car or spread into an omlette. Can a car turn into an omlette? Ofcourse not, Yet! It is possible if you start from the beginning. Make the car into the play doh again and mould / spread it as an omlette.  

Thinking about this, I realise that it has a lot of similarities or learnings in my life too. In any part of my personal or professional life, at a critical juncture when it starts to feel that I have lost the zing thing, I should be prepared to go back to the basics and start from scratch. Even if it means that I should start a new habit or a new talent from the beginning - I should be ready to unlearn to learn. It could be anything - a new language, a new skillset, a new approach, a new organization!

A little retrospect of a kid's play made me understand a life lesson. Didn't I say, in the beginning, that I love to watch my kids play?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home