Sunday, April 05, 2015

Queen - an unique movie experience

Normally, I have a great inertia to watch hindi movies. There are lots of criteria that i consider before viewing a non-tamil movie. I read about this movie, QUEEN, for the first time in a tamil writer's blog. I sincerely read his blog but don't generally follow his view. That is another reason why I was postponing the idea of watching the movie for a while. After the recent award news, finally I decided to watch the movie. I really appreciated my decision to watch it and also consider myself very lucky to have found it online with english sub-titles. Now, I wanted to post my feedback about the movie - it was a BLISS.

Rani [the protagonist, Queen] could be any next door girl. 24 hours after watching the movie, I am still thinking and re-living the sequence of emotions that Rani expressed and influenced. I had added eating Golguppa [in Delhi], visiting Paris and Amsterdam in my things-to-do.  

I never wanted this blog to be a regular movie review post. Watching a movie is an individual's experience. It is like tasting a sweet - each will have their own interpretation of what they feel. Gulab Jamoon is a sweet. Laddoo is also a sweet. If I try explain the difference in the sweetness between them, i can never be successful. Honestly, no. I felt the same watching this new movie. This is one of the very few movies that i will have close to my heart, and cherish for a long time.

After Tracy Whitney [If tomorrow comes], Archana [Mozhi], Fizz [The Alchemy of Desire], Rani will be one of my favorite and most adorable fictional woman.

Happy reading and watching blog people. So long ... bright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home